I have embraced technology and the sedentary lifestyle in the past decade and I have my marshmallow arms to prove it!
But in February this year, I’ve had this strong message to really take sessions and not keep putting gym in my calendar for the sake of jotting it down! It’s as if my angels had nothing to do but remind me to work on my physical body:
- They had a friend message me inviting me out to lunch and she talked about how she is NOT preparing for a marathon! She spoke of how lazy she is being and how she has been skipping her group exercise sessions.
- They had me ask her the prices for the group and individual sessions.
- I found myself asking her for the trainer’s contact number a few days after our call.
- I found myself saying “Yes, I am joining your group sessions,but let me think about your one-on-one.”
- My new apartment costs exactly less than the amount that the weekly one-on-one costs.
- I had to skip one group session because I was unpacking and I felt like a slime on the bed – wanting to get up but it seems like crawling or sliding works better but not exactly getting up!
And then bells rang.
“Maria, why the H are you still delaying on getting a one-on-one session? What excuse do you want to use now? We’ve already given you a lot of reasons and solutions!!! What else are you waiting for?”
Indeed! What was I waiting for?
See, we may think of 101 reasons why we shouldn’t do something we know will benefit us but,
It is IN OUR HANDS to choose whether we want to STAND IN OUR POWER and ADAPT TO OUR INTENTIONS or not.
I declared as my New Year’s Resolution that I wanted a better life,and I’ve seen that in my connections to the Spirit, in my business, and in my emotional state…and my physical body wanted to be aligned to the other now “better” bodies.
I am proud to say that I exercise twice a week, once with the group and a one-on-one session.
- Do I want to cancel and not to show up each time? Hell yes!
- Does my body hurt each time? Duh
- Can I do lunges in a straight line? NO – not yet anyway!
But I’m there rain or shine, because when I go a few days without the exercise, my already marshmallow-y arms even turn more marshmallow!
How about you? Is there one thing you can do NOW that you’ve been putting off?
Blessing of miracles,